Friday, November 27, 2009

...yet another Christmas blog


As far as Ryan writing a blog, let me just say: it's about time.

To the right is 16% of our Christmas movie collection. Today we filmed a very Christmasy Totally Homemade Music Video. Our house is filled with Christmas music, be it Nat King Cole, Point of Grace, or Family Force 5. (And yes, all of these are playing at the same time in near proximity.)

The overall mood in the McCann household (with FOUR stations playing Christmas music...yay!) has me thinking about...cheesecake. But no one will let me bake cheesecake, so I'm distracting myself, with more Christmas music. (Of course, it will just cause me to think more about cheesecake, but oh well. That's not such a bad thing.) I'm talking about the kind of Christmas music that just plain sounds like Christmas lights would if they had a sound. And then you go "OH MY GOSH! THIS IS THE PERFECT/BEST SONG!!!! EVER!!!!!"

So. The Best Christmas Albums Ever, According to One Member of the Band.
(Disclaimer: This list does not reflect the views of the remaining three-fourths of Silent Substitute)

5. Relient K, Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer (if only for "I Celebrate the Day.")






4.
Andy Williams,
Andy Williams Christmas Album + Andy Williams, Merry Christmas







=
4.
Bing Crosby,
White Christmas






3
. Nat King Cole, that one Christmas CD
that doesn't have a name. Or a CD cover available online, apparently.

2.
Point of Grace, A Christmas Story (especially with my personal addition, "All Is Well" from Winter Wonderland)






=

2.
Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas







1.
Michael W. Smith, Christmastime










Actually, these were very stressful decisions, and I'm bound to be forgetting something.

Maybe I should go bake some cheesecake while I think about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for this blog.