Friday, September 18, 2009

Attack of the Deadly Microphone (Nashville Blog, #1)

Update from the road!

A cute pizza place that we didn't go to in Clear Lake, Iowa.

Ready to rock.

I found these signs backstage at The Hub in Clear Lake. I wonder what the significance is?



This is how we do things on the road.

Look who broke two coffeepots in one week.

Simon says by the side of the road.

A cute town in Iowa that we don't know what it's called.
The absolute frilliest gas station bathroom we have ever been in.

I love the south. Does Iowa count?



My microphone has an annoying habit of falling of the stand. This is not only annoying, it is dangerous. Once it fell on my head and I suffered from an unsightly microphone-shaped gash on my forehead for forty-eight hours. Don't ask me how it happened. Anyway, we don't think there was a concussion.

So we have this cute old amp called a Vox. It doesn't actually work anymore, because I have very bad luck with amplifiers, hence my Egnater's recent blowing out and subsequent two-month (and counting) absence. (Extra points if you were at the show it blew up at!)


I miss my Egnater. Anyway, the Vox is a cute little thing and I have been afflicted of late with the desire to spray paint it white and bring it to our shows as a decoration onstage.


I shared this idea with my big brother.

No, Ryan says. We should sell it, he says. But as I pointed out, THE AMPLIFIER DOESN'T WORK. I don't know anyone who would buy a broken amp. The poor prospective buyer I'm sure would be at peace to know the Vox met with a happy retirement brightening up our stage.

Don't you agree?

- Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for this blog.