Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Calling (A serious blog post! Gasp!)

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" Isaiah 6:8

Happy Easter, all!
Becca here. I wanted to hop on over and talk to you guys about an intimidating subject, one the sibs and I are finding more and more is something we want to focus on as (one of) our messages...are you ready?

Let's talk about calling.

It's something that gets oft overlooked in a culture where we're supposed to constantly ask ourselves where am I gonna go to college, who am I gonna marry, what do I wanna be when I grow up, and the like. We make our own plans for ourselves, forgetting that God has the best plan.

I wrote a song called "The Best Nights of My Life." It's about how amazing it is that God picked Christian music as a career for me and my siblings. It's so much fun and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Maybe you know what God is calling you to, but you're struggling with it somehow. Maybe you want to do something, take a step toward what God's calling you to, but you're afraid. Maybe you want to adopt, but things keep getting in the way...money, what other people will think, and so on. (A disclaimer: I don't believe adoption is a calling. It's just something we're supposed to do, something we SHOULD take for granted that it's going to be a special part of our lives. James 1:27, folks!) Maybe, like me, you're struggling with waiting on the Lord. You might feel He's promised you something, but it doesn't seem to be happening. All I can say is, be encouraged.

"Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you by giving you the land." (Psalm 37:34)

I think that's what God wants us to do--to be traveling steadily along His path, ready when He calls.
blog comments powered by Disqus