Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mei Mei (Little Sister)

Six years ago today, we were pacing the floor of a hotel room in China, anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new sister.

We didn’t know what to expect. When she arrived, she was so small, so scared, and so independent. She didn’t really like any of us at first. Little did we know how much this little girl would change our lives.

Stasia has taught me so much. She is a living, breathing example of what really matters in the Kingdom of Heaven. Stasia is grateful and content in all circumstances. She loves without condition. She is more concerned for others than herself. She loves to give, and is exceedingly thankful when she receives. She is joyful at all times.

This little girl is one of my best friends. It makes my day when she announces, with a huge smile on her face, “Meghan, you and me are kindred spirits…we’re like twins!” and “Meghan, one of my favorite things in life is to sit next to you.”


My family and I can hardly remember life before Stasia came. I think that’s because we didn’t really know how to live. We thought we were opening our home and hearts to her, but in reality, she opened our eyes to glimpse the Father’s heart.


"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me”

-Matthew 18:3-5



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for this blog.