Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Totally Homemade Christmas Song (Story behind the song)

In case you didn't notice from my last post, I am a tad obsessed with Christmas music. I have an extensive list of Christmas songs that I want to cover and put on our yet-to-be-recorded Christmas CD. They're not very common offerings, because when too many people perform a song, the last just looks like they think they do it better than all those preceding. So you'll understand when I say that I would display my list except for Michael W. Smith could be a loyal follower of this blog just looking for ideas for the tracklisting of his next album.

Around Halloween, when I first broke out the Christmas music, I decided we should choose one of the carefully selected songs on Becca's Imaginary Silent Substitute Christmas CD, record it, and display it online for all you wonderful fans.

One problem: licensing. It's confusing and expensive. And since all the good Christmas songs more than a century old are, unfortunately, commonly done, there was only one solution: write one.

So I threw together "Hope is Alive," and Ryan recorded it for me. Hope you like it.
-Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for this blog.