Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh, brother.





I am employing a new technique with The Adventures of Your Friendly Neighborhood Silent Band. I tell my siblings when to blog, and they do it. For the entire week this tactic has been in existence, it has been successful. Except in Ryan's case. He has missed TWO blogs already. Tsk tsk.

We're on the road home now, and let me tell you. We watched Pride & Prejudice last night. It has been awhile since Ryan and Willie saw the Kiera Knightely version, and they found it to be a stimulating conversation piece.

Mostly this centered on Mr. Darcy. Is he as good-looking a hero as Orlando Bloom? Is Mr. Darcy buff? Who's more handsome, Mr. Knightely (from Emma) or Mr. Darcy?

I kid you not.

What is most interesting about this conversation is the girls in the band (those who should be the resident giggling schoolgirls) have no discussions of the kind. Meghan and I have more intelligent interests when we watch movies. The setting. The dialogue. Is this what happened in the book? Is the plot character-driven or milieu-driven?

Sigh.

-Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for this blog.